A cozy VR action-puzzle game about balancing towering stacks to meet cute cryptids on colourful floating islands.
Physics-based stacking and interactions were always a real draw to VR for me. The prototype of Stacksquatch played perfectly to the strengths of the new medium: the awe of scale, the precision of the controllers, and very little risk of nausea. It was also a good excuse for me to use my own Vive Grip product.
I wanted to work with others to bring it all together. I picked each member of the team for commission work because of their unique, cozy, and sometimes quirky style of art that I felt represented the soul of Stacksquatch. This was my first time working with a team of freelancers this size but they made it easy and were a pleasure to work with.
- Explore across locations, seasons, and sizes to build the best stacks
- Chat with the cryptids you find, all with unique dialogue, hopes, and dreams
- Sit down or run around, whatever your space allows
- Enjoy accessible, intuitive gameplay without violence
- Unique experience and controls to the VR medium
Early Access trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
- I keep making games and nobody can stop me! I also make tools that help you make games.
- More information
- More information on JScott, our logo & relevant media are available here.